ST3 Trauma and Orthopaedic Interview Technical Skills StationApplying To ST3 Orthopaedics?
The technical skills station last 15 minutes in total. Scoring is done independently by two assessors.
Candidates will carry out a technical skills exercise. Saw bones may be used. Candidates will be expected to talk through what they are doing while performing the exercise.
- default_titleScenarios might include lag screw insertion, compression plating, DHS application, Ex-Fix application, hemiarthroplasty, arthroscopy or anything that is physically possible to re-produce outside of the operating theatre.
- default_titlePast stations have included saw bone DHS, lag-screw, lateral malleolus lag screw and neutralisation plating, compression plating,
- default_titleOur Question Bank features a comprehensive guide to structuring and presenting in a way that will score you maximum points together with diagrams, links to Op-Techs and videos to help you quickly revise the key steps.
- default_titleTalk through the operation as if you were performing it for real
- default_titleTalk with reps for help accessing saw bones
- Show More