ST3 Trauma and Orthopaedic Interview Clinical StationApplying To ST3 Orthopaedics?
There are 2 clinical scenario questions including one anatomy based scenario. Each question lasts approximately 7.5 minutes. Scoring is done independently by two assessors.
In 2014/5 there was a cut-off mark of 50% below which candidates were deemed unappointable, making this station particularly important and termed a so-called ‘killer station’. This has cut-off has been removed from 2016 onwards.
Clinical Orthopaedic Interview Case Examples
- default_titleThe clinical station tests your core understanding of clinical orthopaedics. Together with direct questions you may be asked to describe radiographs or demonstrate how you would reduce a fracture or examine for a specific pathology
- default_titleInterviewers will ask questions quickly to test how you perform under pressure
- default_titlePatient safety is key and safe assessment, diagnosis and management of the patient in any given scenario will score you points
- default_titleMake sure you know orthopaedic emergencies, common presentations and musculoskeletal anatomy
- default_titleAnatomy and clinical scenarios can be tough and practise is key. Our ST3 Orthopaedic Interview Question Bank features over 670 interview questions with a focus on anatomy and clinical scenarios.
- Show More