ST3 Trauma and Orthopaedic Interview Technical Skills Station
The technical skills station last 15 minutes in total. Scoring is done independently by two assessors.
Candidates will carry out a technical skills exercise. Saw bones may be used. Candidates will be expected to talk through what they are doing while performing the exercise.
- default_titleScenarios might include lag screw insertion, compression plating, DHS application, Ex-Fix application, hemiarthroplasty, arthroscopy or anything that is physically possible to re-produce outside of the operating theatre.
- default_titlePast stations have included saw bone DHS, lag-screw, lateral malleolus lag screw and neutralisation plating, compression plating,
- default_titleOur Question Bank features a comprehensive guide to structuring and presenting in a way that will score you maximum points together with diagrams, links to Op-Techs and videos to help you quickly revise the key steps.
- default_titleTalk through the operation as if you were performing it for real
- default_titleTalk with reps for help accessing saw bones
- Show More